WAAC Job Board
The WAAC provides this job board as a convenience to its students and recent alumni. We do not endorse or recommend employers, nor do we make any guarantees regarding the accuracy of the following postings. The WAAC is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of employment. Please exercise due diligence when applying to any position.
If you are a prospective employer who would like to advertise an open position on this board, please contact Stephanie Woodson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We do not post advertisements for gigs/contract work on this website – only part-time to full-time jobs and internships in relevant fields. We reserve the right to refuse any posting for any reason.
Ritter Norton Architects
Posted July 12, 2021
Ritter Norton Architects
115 South Union Street
Alexandria VA, 22314
Part-Time, 20 Hours per Week
Begins September 2021
Ritter Norton Architects (RNA) is an award-winning architecture firm based in the heart of Old Town, Alexandria, within walking distance to the WAAC. We provide clients with the full range of architectural, interior design, and master planning services. We have extensive experience designing and managing a wide array of commercial and institutional projects including churches, synagogues, community centers, recreation centers, libraries, schools, and commercial office interiors. Currently, we are seeking a talented and self-motivated student intern to join our dynamic and collaborative team. A great candidate should possess the following credentials:
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCad, SketchUp, Lumion, and InDesign
- A thoughtful and sensitive design outlook with a collaborative mindset
- Good organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Apply to email@example.com
The SLAM Collaborative
Posted July 7, 2021
The SLAM Collaborative
80 Glastonbury Blvd.
Glastonbury, CT 06033 (Potential for Other Office Locations)
Entry-Level Architecture or Landscape Architecture Staff
Full-Time, 40 Hours per Week
Our firm is a multi-disciplinary practice including architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, structural engineering, and construction services. In addition to our headquarters near Hartford, CT, we have offices in Boston, Providence, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Orlando, Iowa City, Denver, and Los Angeles. Our market sectors include higher ed, K-12 education, corporate, healthcare, judicial, and sports facilities. We are looking to hire full-time, especially in the areas of architecture (in nearly all of our offices nation-wide) and landscape architecture (in our Glastonbury, CT office) For architectural staff, we are specifically looking for someone entry-level with interest in pre-design and programming for our higher education clients.
Posted July 1, 2021
325 North Patrick Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Part-Time or Full-Time, 20-40 Hours per Week
We are a small architecture firm in Old Town, Alexandria that specializes in custom residential and small commercial projects. We’re seeking a motivated, quick learner to work on a variety of aspects of project delivery, from schematic design to construction observation. Applicants must be very proficient with 2D AutoCAD drafting (showing examples of work), have some experience with the production of construction documents, and be able to quickly learn and adapt to established patterns of project delivery. A good sense of graphic design and knowledge of building materials/interior design is a plus.
Telework is a possibility, and the position can be from 20 – 40 hours per week contingent on the final agreement. Pay will be on an hourly basis and will be dependent on the applicant’s skills/abilities. Please send resumes to Karen Conkey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bignell Watkins Hasser Architects
Posted June 4, 2021
Bignell Watkins Hasser Architects, PC
One Park Place, Suite 250
Annapolis, MD 21401
Junior Architect or Interior Designer
Seeking candidates with exceptional organizational and communication skills. Design and presentation experience is desirable; experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, and Adobe CC is a plus. Must be very fluent in Revit. Please email resumes and work samples to Adel Nur, AIA, LEED AP (BD+C) at email@example.com.
Posted May 25, 2021
3424 Mansfield Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Cook Architecture is nationally-renowned for its expertise in conceiving and re-imagining spaces, giving rise to distinctive modern buildings. We focus primarily on modern and mid-century modern residential projects, often with an emphasis on historic preservation, as well as some mixed-use and commercial buildings. Our ideal candidate for Architectural Designer has a solid design sensibility and a comprehensive understanding of the history, theory, and practice of modern architecture and design. We are seeking a super resourceful and positive individual who is highly skilled and motivated at detailing and producing construction documents, as well as managing projects individually. The candidate must also have excellent organizational skills, resourcefulness, adaptability, and a willingness to learn our firm’s proven design methods and unique style.
- 5-year degree or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited school
- Candidates on the licensure track will be strongly considered
- 1-2 years or more of office experience in an architecture firm; candidates with intern experience will also be considered
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Experience working on CDs, detailing buildings, conducting site visits, and managing projects
- Appreciation of modern and mid-century modern design in residential architecture
- Ability to communicate with our clients clearly, professionally, and positively
Please email your cover letter, CV, and samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for an employment visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position. Cook Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce.
Wade Design Architects
Posted May 4, 2021
Wade Design Architects
29 Magnolia Avenue
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Based in Northern California, we are a small firm of 8 designers plus 2 principal architects. In addition to our many private clients, we have assisted notable businesses such as Williams-Sonoma Inc., The Sundance Group, Blue Bottle Coffee Company, and Medlock Ames Winery. The applicant for this entry-level position must have acquired or be about to acquire a degree in architecture. Experience in high-end residential design from a residency or internship program is a plus. The entry-level designer will support the project managers by creating CAD drafts from sketches by the principals, creating 3D models, producing drawing sets and coordinating them with consultants, attending client meetings, etc. The position will provide a competitive salary, paid time off, and health insurance.
We are seeking applicants with the following:
- An accredited degree in architecture
- Authorization to work in the US indefinitely
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (not Revit) and SketchUp. Applicants who are not proficient in AutoCAD will not be considered
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize tasks while completing multiple projects
- Willingness to sketch out ideas freehand to communicate with the project team
- Collaborative skills, passion for design, and the ability to work with others, as well the ability to adapt to the firm’s drafting and CAD standards
In your cover letter, please tell us your relevant skills, highlighting any real world work experience. Send an email with your resume, work samples (less than 10MB and saved as a PDF, please), and links to any online portfolios to Katie Vandermause at email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Wade Design Entry Level Designer,” and include your best examples of AutoCAD drafting as well as samples of freehand sketches. We will reach out to viable candidates for interviews to discuss details.
Posted March 24, 2021
109 Harvard Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
At Convene Architecture, our innovative and diverse team is grounded in building and design best practices, collaboration, and creating long-lasting spaces and homes where people can create memories that last a lifetime. We are seeking a full-time Project Architect with more than five years of related experience to join our residential architecture firm located in Alexandria, Virginia. We’re looking for someone who is a team player and will bring passion, creativity, an eye for detail, and dedication to all they do. Residential architects wear many hats, and we’re looking for someone who enjoys wearing all of them, including:
- Pre-Design: Documenting existing conditions and helping clients strategize
- Schematic Design: Creating sketches and 3D models to communicate design ideas to clients
- Construction Documents: Producing and coordinating permit and construction drawings, including dimensioned floor plans, exterior elevations, building sections, exterior details, interior elevations and details, structural drawings, and electrical drawings
- Construction Administration: Conducting site visits and observing construction
- Colleague Mentoring and Engagement: Mentoring rising/growing architects as well as collaborating directly with the firm principals and team
- A love for design and and helping people remake their homes
- Competency at hand drawing, sketching, and lettering
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD and SketchUp
- Knowledge of residential construction and local building codes
- Ability to work on construction documents independently, coordinate with consultants, and engage with building department officials
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with the full project lifecycle
- A relevant degree in architecture is required; professional licensure or certification are preferred
Our office is currently 100% remote, with each team member working from their own office. We primarily work with clients in the DMV metro area. Pay is commensurate with experience, and we are pleased to provide a benefit package for this position. If you are interested in this position, please include a brief cover letter, relevant samples of work, and your resume in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Architect Position.”
Posted March 23, 2021
1437 Powhatan Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Part-Time or Full-Time
McAllister Architects is looking for a part- or full-time employee. We would prefer someone who will stay for a significant length of time, not just summer. The candidate should have experience producing construction documents with CAD and REVIT. 1-3 years in an architectural firm is preferred. We work on a variety of small projects that move very fast. Most of our interns were ready for the ARE exam in 3 years or less and all passed the first time. You will eventually be involved in all aspects of projects, from marketing to CA. Experience with code analysis is helpful, or you will learn those skills on the job.
Our office is casual and schedules are flexible as long as the work gets done. We work mainly on restaurants, retail and residential projects, and some commercial and health care facilities. Please call Lee McAllister if interested: (703) 973-8261 | email@example.com.