Why does the WAAC need an Advisory Board? We want to hear from the profession. What are the trends in practice? More hand-drawing and less Grasshopper? How is technology changing everything? What does that mean for design professionals? What other skills we should be teaching? Not everyone becomes a designer: how do we build interest in the other roles in practice? What other design disciplines should be represented at the WAAC?
And what can the WAAC to offer the profession? Opportunities to participate in reviews and recruit our best students; continuing education courses and workshops; time to think and recharge.
The WAAC Firm Advisory Board is open by invitation to a select group of design firms in the National Capital Region and will meet regularly to exchange ideas about the ways academia and the profession can work together on all the wicked problems facing the world.
OUR FAB MEMBERS
- Ameneh Amirhakimi, Mushinsky Voelzke Associates (MV+A)
- Claire Bedat, US Department of State
- William Brown, Moseley Architects
- Michael Burton, Urban Design Group (UDG)
- Bill Conkey, City of Alexandria, VA
- Manoj Dalaya, Kishimoto Gordon Dalaya Architecture (KGD)
- Ziad Demian, Demian Wilbur Architects
- Michael Foster, MTFA Architecture
- Stephen Koenig, SWK Architects
- Matthew MacDonald, MCDStudio
- Lee Quill, Cunningham Quill Architects
- Maury Saunders, US Navy
- Rick Schneider, ISTUDIO Architects
- Steve Small, US Federal Government
- Brian Sykes, Perkins + Will
- Kristopher Takacs, Skidmore, Owings, & Merrill LLP (SOM)
- Jaime VanMourik, US Green Building Council (USGB)