601 Prince Street was acquired by Virginia Tech in 2013. Once the home of landscape architecture firm EDAW, and now part of the WAAC, this recycled church sits five blocks down the street from 1001 Prince.
601 Prince is dedicated to gatherings and community-related space. Beneath the 19th century wood trusses, the third floor hosts the WAAC’s all-school Weekly Forums, while other spaces in the building serve special project teams. The first floor is an exhibition space, open to the public, for work by WAAC and Blacksburg students and faculty.