9:30AM — Hancock Hall + Donaldson Brown Auditorium
The subject of the symposium is the idea of presence. This quality, involving a heightened consciousness of our being in time and space, will be considered from the perspectives of architecture, art, and science.
photo: Erin Carraher
The symposium will be held Tuesday, 15 September, 9:30 am – 3:15 pm and Wednesday, 16 September, 9 – 11 am.
Tuesday, 15 September: Hancock Hall
- 9:30 am Introduction: Scott Poole, Architect Blacksburg, Virginia
- 9:45 am Adam Caruso, Architect London, England
- 10:30 am James Carpenter, Designer New York, New York
- 11:15 am Lunch
- 12:15 pm Nancy Holt, Artist Gallisteo, New Mexico
- 1:15 pm Robert Irwin, Artist San Diego, California
- 2:15 pm Dr. Karl Pribram, Scientist Radford, Virginia
Wednesday, 16 September: Donaldson Brown Auditorium
- 9:00-11:00 am Discussion
Moderator: Frank Weiner, Architect