Student Achievement Data: Interior Design
Job Placement, Graduation Rates, Graduate Program Acceptance and more

Job Placement

  • As of September 1, 2019, 100% (32 of 32), graduating in May 2019 are employed.
  • As of September 1, 2018, 96% (23 of 24), graduating in May 2018 are employed.
  • As of September 30, 2017, 93% (28 of 30), graduating in May 2017 are employed.
  • As of November 1, 2016, 91% of students (29 of 32) graduating in May 2016 are employed or in graduate school (28 employed, 2 graduate school); 1 is not looking due to health reasons, 1 has not responded.
  • As of November 1, 2015, 100% of students (33) graduating in May 2015 are employed or in graduate school (31 employed, 2 graduate school).
  • As of November 1, 2014, 100% of the students (27) graduating in May 2014 are employed or in graduate school. (24) are employed and (3) students graduating in May 2014 are attending graduate school. (Response rate 100%).
  • As of November 1, 2013, 60% of the students (15/25) graduating in May 2013 are employed. (Response rate 60%).
  • 86% of the students (24/28) that graduated in May 2012 were employed by January 1, 2013. (Response rate 86%).

Acceptance into Graduate Programs

  • No students from the graduating class of May 2019 applied for graduate school.
  • No students from the graduating class of May 2018 applied for graduate school.
  • No students from the graduating class of May 2017 applied for graduate school.
  • 100% of students (2/2) from the May 2016 graduating class who applied to graduate school were accepted (Virginia Tech, one MS, one PhD).
  • 100% of students (2/2) from the May 2015 graduating class who applied to graduate school were accepted (Virginia Tech).
  • 100% of students (3/3) from the May 2014 graduating class who applied to graduate school were accepted (Duke University, University of North Georgia, & Virginia Tech).
  • No students from the graduating class of May 2013 applied for graduate school. (Response rate 60%–15/25).
  • 100% of students from the May 2012 graduating class who applied to graduate school were accepted (1 student).

Graduation Rates

  • 100% of the students from the class of 2019 graduated in 4 or 5 years*.
  • 100% of the students from the class of 2018 graduated in 4 or 5 years*.
  • 100% of the students from the class of 2017 graduated in 4 or 5 years*.
  • 100% of the students from the class of 2016 graduated in 4 or 5 years*.
  • 100% of the students from the class of 2015 graduated in 4 or 5 years*.
  • 80% of the students from the class of 2014 will graduate in 4 years; the remaining 20% in five years*.
  • *This is due to the acceptance of internal transfer students from within Virginia Tech into the interior design program. If a student comes into the program during their first year, they must complete all four additional years.

Retention/Attrition

  • 99% of the students enrolled in spring 2018 returned in the fall of 2019, putting attrition at 1%
  • 98% of the students enrolled in spring 2018 returned in the fall of 2018, putting attrition at 2%
  • 98% of the students enrolled in spring 2017 returned in the fall of 2017, putting attrition at 2%.
  • 99% of the students enrolled during the spring 2016 returned in fall 2016, putting attrition at 1%.
  • 99% of the students enrolled during the spring 2015 returned in fall 2015, putting attrition at 1%.
  • 100% of the students enrolled during the spring 2014 semester returned in fall 2014, putting attrition at 0%.
  • 100% of the students enrolled during the spring 2013 semester returned in fall 2013, putting attrition at 0%.
  • 97% of the students enrolled during the spring 2012 semester returned in fall 2012, putting attrition at 3%.